There are so many extra “to dos” during December, and I realize sometimes a regular routine can get lost in the flurry, at least mine can!
So here’s my personal simple reminder list of eleven self-care BASICS to keep me balanced anytime I’m going through an extra busy time. Holiday time is a really good time to make sure none of these slip through the cracks!
I hope my list helps you too:
- Eat a minimum of one raw fruit and one raw vegetable each day
- Drink plenty of water (with extra treats you may need more than you think)
- Get enough sleep -listen to your body when it needs rest
- Stick to your exercise routine, even if time-wise you need to shorten it some days
- Be still for at least 5 min each day -breathe deeply to connect your body, mind, and spirit
- Don’t neglect writing daily in your gratitude journal, it only takes a minute and yields great rewards
- Practice staying in the moment- wherever you are, tell yourself “Be here now” and whether you are in traffic, or standing in a long check out line, or anywhere else, find the beauty in it
- See the humor in situations and share the laughter with others (this always lightens me up!)
- Take time for TEA. I’m referring to MiracleTea® – for me it helps with brain fog, better sleep, cleans up toxins if I sneak in a soda pop!
- Each day do at least one act of service for someone else (even small things count!)
- Do Less Better – this has been my mantra for a few months and has helped me tremendously! I’ll write an article about how it’s helped me and can help you too, in an upcoming newsletter.